Modern White Boucle Curved Sofas from Homary (affiliate)
Curved sofas are so hot right now! In fact, Pinterest has predicted “Curve Appeal” to be one of the biggest trends for 2022. I featured the trend for curved furniture a few weeks ago but what really stands out about this trend is the proliferation of curved sofas that we are seeing in interiors at the moment. So I thought it would be really nice to round up some of the best curved sofas that I have spotted on the market in recent months.
Why are Curved Sofas so Popular?
But first I want to take a quick look at why curved sofas are so popular right now. And as with many trends it all stems from the emergence of biophilia in design. Also known as biophilic design, this movement is all about our innate biological need to connect with nature and how bringing nature into our homes is good for our mental health and physical wellbeing.
One of the main principles of biophilic design is about bringing in organic and non-living evocations of nature. One way to do this is to incorporate the organic shapes that can be found in nature. As we know, there are no straight lines to be found in nature. Instead, there are soft organic shapes that add flow, movement and balance to interiors.
Many of the curved sofas that we are seeing feature the bouclé fabric that has also seen a spike in popularity recently. Again, taking inspiration from biophilic design and incorporating natural textures into our homes. Sensory stimuli are a big part of biophilic design.
As you can see from these lifestyle images, curved sofas add a nice sense of flow to the room which is very calming. They are easy on the eye and create a restful experience.
So let’s take a look at 10 of the best curved sofas on the market right now.
Curved Sofa Source List
- Stella Sofa from Domkapa
- Effie 2 Seater Loveseat Sofa, Velvet, Rose Pink from Cult Furniture
- Eichholtz Morten Sofa in Boucle Grey from Sweetpea & Willow
- Perle 3 Seater Sofa in Plush Asphalt from Sofology
- Carl Hansen & Son RF1903 Sideways Sofa from Nest
- Reisa Right Hand Facing Chaise End Sofa, Ink Blue Velvet from Made.com (affiliate)
- Ether Curved Sofa, Bergamo Azure Pale Blue Velvet Portrait from Jonathan Adler
- Pumpkin Velvet Angled Sofa from Ligne Roset
- Ploum White Sofa from Ligne Roset
- Kooper 2 Seater Sofa, Forest Green Weave from Made.com (affiliate)
Have you noticed the curved sofa trend? Do you like it? Which one of my selection is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below.
And don’t forget to pin this post for later.