I have the weirdest relationship with candles. I love how they look and I love the soft glow that they emit. I often find myself lusting over beautiful candle holders. However, I don’t really like burning candles in my own home. Firstly, I have small children so it would be far too dangerous to have open flames dotted around my home. Secondly, as an asthmatic, I find that burning candles for any period of time makes the air quite difficult for me to breath, especially if the candles are scented. Thirdly, candles are pretty expensive and I find that I can’t really justify the cost a lot of the time.
Maybe when the kids are older and I have more disposable income I will indulge my obsession for super sleek candle holders a bit more. Or maybe I just need to look into faux LED candles. I’d be much more likely to have candles at home if I didn’t have to deal with all the issues I’ve mentioned above. Admittedly a lot of faux LED candles look really unconvincing and a little tacky but I’m sure there must be some out there that look authentic. Even if they are expensive, I feel it would be a better investment for me than buying real candles that I will never burn.
1. Maria Berntsen Season Grand Candleholder in Gold from Amara
2. Hanging Brass Triangle Candleholder from April and the Bear
3. Lup Wall Candleholder by HAY from Amara
4. Hanging Tea Light Holder by Ferm Living from The Scandinavian Design Center
5. Set of 3 Candle Holders in Green by DeLanux from Monoqi
6. Tom Dixon Cog Candle Holder from Nest.co.uk
7. Papilio Uno Candle Holder in Brushed Brass by Stelton from Black by Design
8. Candle Holders by Jansen+Co for Serax
9. Menu Chunk of Marble Candle Holder in Copper from Amara
10. House Doctor 3 Brushed Brass Candle Holder from Trouva
Which one of these gorgeous metallic candle holders is your favourite? If I can find some good faux LED tea lights I’m thinking I might buy a couple of the Ferm Living Hanging Tea Light Holders to hang in the living room window. I think that would look lovely from the outside.