Art Deco isn’t a style that I’m personally drawn to, reminds me a bit too much of Hollywood glamour, but there is something very timeless about Art Deco interiors. The elegance and opulence of this style are undoubtedly what makes it popular. Dating back to the 1920s, Art Deco has survived due to our love of old-school glamour, and today we are seeing this style reinvented for the modern home.
This iconic style is characterized by rich colours, bold geometry, and streamlined symmetry and strong lines. Throw in some gold accents, glamorous lighting, sleek materials, statement mirrors, and marquetry-adorned furnishings for over-the-top glamour that speaks volumes.
Whether you opt for all out Art Deco or you take a more reserved approach by simply selecting the odd piece here and there, this look is easy to recreate. Below I’ve selected a few of my favourite finds to help you bring the sophistication of the Golden Twenties into your home.
Get the Look
- Bloomingville Art Deco Wall Clock – Nordic Nest
- Demi-lune Mirror with Fringing – Audenza
- Faye Large Chandelier Pendant Light Brass – Made.com (affiliate)
- Iliosse Sideboard – OKA
- Eichholz Trapezium Chair in Wine Red – Sweetpea & Willow
- Gatsby Wallpaper – Jane Clayton & Company
- Gold Filigree Table Lamp – Audenza
- Ted Baker Sahara Rug in Burgundy – Modern Rugs
- Fabulous Golden Drinks Trolley – Audenza
- Elixir Gold Bookcase – Sweetpea & Willow
So what do you think of Art Deco interiors? Is this a style you gravitate towards?