I have found my new favourite trend and I have to say I’m a little bit in love. Just look at all that cosy texture and those natural materials. Texture is going to be huge this season, just watch! We’re going to see lots of playful tactile textiles with a global influence.
Look out for fringing, tassels, tufting, feathers and raw edges on cushions, throws, rugs and accessories. And macrame is going from strength to strength making an appearance in high street collections across the UK. It started out as humble plant hangers but it’s making it’s presence known in a bolder way as exquisite statement wall hangings.
The Global Nomad trend features mostly a monochrome colour scheme but I’ve also seen it in other muted colour palettes like dusky pinks and terrocottas. It works equally well in both colour schemes. When it comes to pattern there is a clear leaning towards tribal and exotic patterns. I’m getting some serious wanderlust here!
Texture will also take centre stage when it comes to furniture which has a real handmade feel to it. Natural materials like rattan, wicker, jute and bamboo are no longer relegated to the conservatory, bring them into the living room this season.
I’ve called this trend ‘Global Nomad’ but I’ve also heard it referred to as ‘Bohemian Traveller’ or ‘Artisan Textures’. Whatever we decide to call it, this is going to be a huge trend this year. I’m desperate to invest in some of those gorgeous cushions for my living room and maybe a lovely pendant light shade as well. This trend will work seriously well with the scheme I already have going on and for me this is a trend that won’t fall out of favour within a season. For me this has serious longevity.
*Products marked with an asterisk are affiliate links*
1. Ella James original black woven rattan pendant lamp from NOTHS
2. Bloomingville large Jute Circles rug from Trouva
3. Macrame wall hanging from Yonder Living
4. Black & White Dakara Seagrass Basket from OH What’s This
5. Faux Wall Mounted Skull from Audenza
6. *Padang jute pouffe from Maisons du Monde*
7. Madam Stolz white bohemian cushion from Trouva
8. Malawi bamboo and black rattan arm chair from Maisons du Monde (no longer available)
9. *Mounia ecru/black cotton and wool Berber rug from Maisons du Monde*
10. Wool basket with tassels from Zara Home
11. *Deca Rattan and Linen Lantern from Wayfair*